Carve is pleased to announce PAM HOUSTON is this year's guest judge for the Raymond Carver Short Story Contest.
We have also increased the grand prize from $1500 to $2000 this year!
- No limit to number of entries but each entry requires a separate entry fee and submission.
- Max word count: 10,000.
- Simultaneous submissions accepted. Please notify us promptly if your story is accepted elsewhere by withdrawing via Submittable.
- Please do your best to format manuscript to be double-spaced, with 1" margins. Do not include any author info in the document.
- Prizes include $2000 (1st), $500 (2nd), $250 (3rd), and two $125 editor's choice winners. We will also send winning stories to three literary agents.
- Review additional guidelines at https://www.carvezine.com/raymond-carver-contest/ if you haven't already.
Note: we cannot do any file swaps for the contest, as it would violate our blind reading policy. Once you submit, that's it!
For additional questions about the contest, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.